Monday, January 23, 2006

Two-day Chan Retreat


I can't believe I've accomplished an impossible mission. My dad encouraged me again and again to participate in Chan Retreat for teachers at Dharma Drum Mountain on Jan.21 and 22, so I went unwillingly with my parents.
It's cold and rainy during the two days. And my goodness~ Everybody had to get up at 5:00 the next day! I fell asleep several times during the sittings. Do you know what I expected? Meals! The vegetable foods were yummy and healthy!
It's interesting that they addressed us as "Teacher Bodhisattva." They also said "we should be grateful to the bad students. They make us accomplishment." Yeah, maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having fun with your blog. It makes fascinating reading for me in living as I do in such a different part of the world.

    ReplyDelete